Beets are super low in calories, but high in vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Potassium, Magnesium, and Folate. According to quite a few recent studies, beet may even increase your exercise performance.
Its beautiful color makes regular hummus seem exciting, and it adds a slightly sweet taste to a classic hummus. Enjoy this nutrient-dense hummus dip as an appetizer to impress your friends, or as a daily snack! Serve hummus with fresh veggies, crackers, or pita bread for dipping!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 beet, roasted & quartered
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup EVOO
- Olive Oil
- Flaky Sea Salt (like maldon sea salt or out of the grinder)
- Veggies, crackers, or pita bread for dipping.
- Blend in a high-speed blender or food processor
- Top with EVOO, flaky sea salt & cilantro!
- Enjoy with fresh veggies.