Ooey gooey chocolatey goodness awaits, with this upgraded version of your average banana bread. If you’re a chocolate lover, I deem this recipe a must try! The best news is this Fudgy Chocolate Banana Bread is plant-based and egg-free making it safe for all of our vegan friends, and it’s every bit as fluffy and delicious!
This recipe has already been trimmed to make it a little healthier than your average banana bread. I’ve replaced oil with applesauce, which adds to the sweetness and helps us limit the added sugar. To make this recipe even healthier, you could easily sub flour for wheat flour 1:1, as well as sugar for coconut sugar 1:1. But if you’re not too picky, it’s perfect as is!
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas
- ½ Cup Applesauce
- ½ Cup Plant-Based Milk
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Mix in wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Pour mix into bread pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until dough is just cooked through.
- Top with chocolate chips as soon as you take out of the oven, chips will melt slightly and harden onto the top of the bread as everything cools.
- Serving Size: 1 slice (approximately 1/10 loaf)
- Calories: 188
- Protein: 3.5g
- Sugar: 17.9g
This looks amazing, what size bread pan – 8×4 or 9×5 please? Thanks for posting!!
What is the nutritional information (calories) for the Fudgy Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe?