These Korean-inspired chicken lettuce wraps are a quick and healthy lunch or dinner option and packed with flavor! The tender and juicy chicken is marinated overnight in a slightly sweet, tangy, and spicy sauce, quickly seared on the stove and wrapped in a bed of lettuce. I like to top mine with cucumber, chopped cilantro and green onions, and sesame seeds. But it would be great with avocado or other fresh vegetables.
2 ½ Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 ½ Sesame oil
1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
1-1 ½ Lb. chicken tenders
2 Tsp olive oil
2 Tsp sesame seeds
1 Head butter lettuce
½ Hothouse cucumber thinly sliced
3 Green onions, sliced
Fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Season chicken tenders with salt & pepper.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce and whisk to combine.
- In a bowl, add chicken tenders and cover completely with sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour to 1 day.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add marinated chicken tenders to skillet, cooking 5 minutes or so on each side, until chicken is fully cooked and browned on each side. Flip for 1 more minute on each side to coat each side in sauce.
- Serve chicken with trimmed and washed lettuce leaves.
- Top with sesame seeds, cucumbers, cilantro, green onions, and sauce of choice.