Everything you need for a healthy and fun Cinco De Mayo Celebration at home! These simple but delicious recipes use whole food, healthy ingredients, and they are so easy to put together. Pick your favorite or make it all for a full Mexican-inspired feast.
1. Loaded Mojo Chicken Tacos
These loaded mojo chicken street tacos are the tacos of your Cinco De Mayo dreams. This instant pot mojo chicken is healthy, fresh, delicious, easy, and the perfect way to please a crowd!
Use this mojo chicken in a taco like us, or pack it in a burrito, build a nutritious bowl or salad, or make a next-level mojo nacho platter with chips, melted cheese, black beans, mojo chicken, and of course guacamole.
3 LB Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Mojo Sauce Ingredients:
1 Cup Chicken Stock
6 Cloves Garlic, crushed
½ Cup Orange Juice
¼ Cup Fresh Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
For Serving (Optional):
- Prepare mojo sauce by combining all ingredients and mixing well.
- Cut chicken into large cubes, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set instant pot to sauté, once hot add olive oil, and sear chicken on each side. Chicken does not need to be cooked through - just sear until lightly brown; it will cook more in the instant pot.
- Add mojo sauce to the instant pot, put the lid on the instant pot, and set it to sealing. Select the manual and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- When done, set the instant pot to venting. Open the instant pot and shred the chicken and return to the pot.
Serve with all the toppings your heart desires!
2. Fresh & Zesty Citrus Guacamole
What’s better than guacamole? Homemade guacamole! Give this zesty citrus guacamole recipe a try. This recipe blends the delicious flavors of avocados, lime, and cilantro with savory spices to make a delicious appetizer at any party or a great side or addition to a burrito, quesadilla, salad, or bowl!
3 Large Avocados
2 Limes, Juice of
¼ Red Onion, finely chopped
1 Jalapeno, seed & finely chopped
½ Cup Cilantro, chopped
1 Garlic Clove, minced
½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- Add avocados to the bowl and roughly mash.
- Add the juice of 2 limes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until just combined.
- Garnish with extra cilantro, lime, or flaky sea salt before serving.
3. Easy Tex Mex Quinoa Salad
This zesty quinoa salad takes advantage of all of the fresh flavors of summer. A blend of quinoa, pinto beans, fresh corn, and cucumbers converge with red onions and herbs; and a zesty red wine vinaigrette for a totally clean and tasty side or snack.
Serve this delicious side dish alongside enchiladas, tacos, or grilled chicken. This dish would also go great in a wrap or on its own as a snack. Top it all off with sliced avocado and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt, and you’ll be hooked.
1 Cup Quinoa, cooked according to package
1 Can Pinto Beans (or black beans), drained and rinsed
1 Cup Corn (about 2 corn cobs)
½ English Cucumber, chopped
½ Red Onions, diced
Big Handful of Spinach, chopped
½ Cup Cilantro, chopped
½ Cup Green Onions, chopped
Sprinkle of Feta Cheese
¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
½ tsp Cumin
¼ tsp Chili Powder
Ground Pepper to taste
- Combine Salad ingredients and mix well.
- Make the dressing by combining red wine vinegar, cumin, chili powder, and ground pepper. Whisk to combine, and drizzle dressing over salad.
Toss salad. Serve, or keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
4. Wholesome Chicken Verde Soup
This Chicken Verde Soup couldn’t be more flavorful for how easy it is to put together. The green salsa used in this recipe adds so much flavor to this simple soup, you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of this simple combo before. The finish is all in the toppings – I love shredded Mexican cheese, sour cream, cilantro, greens onions, and don’t forget the red chili flakes!
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
¼ White Onion, diced
1 tsp. Garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
2 Chicken Breasts
6 Cups Chicken Broth
½ Cup chopped Cilantro
Toppings: Avocado, Green Onions, Cilantro, Red Chili flakes (optional)
- Add Olive Oil, white onion, and garlic to the pot. sauté over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Chop chicken breasts in half and add to the pot to quickly sear each side (2-3 minutes per side), flip to sear the other side.
- Add a jar of green salsa, stir. Bring heat to medium and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and plate it on a cutting board or plate and shred the chicken. Using 2 forks to shred.
- Add chicken back to the pot, along with chicken broth, and bring to a boil for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover, add cilantro, and stir.
Serve soup, topping with sliced avocado, green onions, cilantro, and red chili flakes. Enjoy!
5. Homemade Mango Salsa
This delicious mango salsa is a perfect fresh dip or side to lighten your Mexican-inspired meal. Even better, the colorful variety of fresh fruits and vegetables included makes it a wonderful healthy snack. Enjoy this delicious, fresh mango salsa with chips or as a topping to a meal such as fish tacos, enchiladas, chicken, and more!
1 ½ Cups Mango, diced
½ Cup Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
½ Cup Red Onion, finely diced
¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 Lime, Juice of
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Serve with chips, or as a topping to your meal of choice.
We hope you enjoy these delicious Mexican-inspired recipes and you have a wonderful Cinco De Mayo celebration with friends and family!