This cous cous salad is packed with flavor, easy to prepare, and contains delicious good-for-you ingredients! This salad has a few more steps than most, but it comes together quickly, and is worth the few extra steps that make this salad a standout!
The vegetables included are inspired by fresh Mediterranean flavors. The roasted chickpeas are lightly seasoned, add some protein, and bring a welcome crispy and savory touch to this salad. The dressing is tangy and sweet and uses only honey to sweeten. With all of its glorious flavor, it’s amazing how healthy this recipe is for you.
This salad comes together as a beautiful savory, tangy, sweet, and fresh salad that is delicious on its own, alongside grilled meats, or as a side dish to bring to your next get together or BBQ that will have guests asking for the recipe!
1 Can chickpeas, well rinsed and drained
1 tbsp Olive Oil
½ tsp each: ground cumin, ground chili powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
Optional: ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (for spice)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Cup Couscous (cooked according to package)
1 ½ Cups chopped cucumber
1 ½ Cups cherry tomatoes, halved
½ Cup Kalamata Olives halved
¼ Cup Italian Parsley, finely chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Lemons, zest, and juice of
1 ½ Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place chickpeas in a bowl, ad 1 Tbsp Olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix well, making sure chickpeas are completely covered in spices. Spread chickpeas in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing halfway, and cook until crisp and lightly browned.
- Prepare couscous according to package, and fluff with a fork when finished.
- While couscous is cooking prepare veggies, by chopping everything up if you haven’t already.
- Prepare the dressing by adding olive oil, lemon zest and juice, honey, Dijon mustard, and dried oregano. Whisk until combined.
- To serve as a salad combine couscous, veggies, cooled chickpeas, and salad dressing in a bowl. Toss well and serve with feta cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If meal prepping to save for later, keep salad dressing separate, as this salad doesn’t save well if already dresse