We’re always working to find new ways to help you better track your progress and work towards your fitness goals. That’s why we have some exciting news: with the new Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence & Speed sensor you can track your indoor and outdoor cycling workouts on the SunnyFit® App!
Use the new Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence & Speed sensor to connect with the SunnyFit® app and track your real-time stats during your cycling workouts.
All you need is an indoor cycling bike (or outdoor road bike), the Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence & Speed sensor and the SunnyFit® app to stay connected through every climb, sprint, and flat road.
Read on for everything you need to know about how to transform your at-home cycling experience, including a full tutorial on how to set up and use your cadence sensor for your best results yet!
What is a Cadence Monitor?
Cadence monitors track cadence or ‘revolutions per minute’ (RPM) which is interchangeable in the cycling world. Cadence is basically how fast you are pedaling, measured in RPM. One revolution occurs when the pedal makes a complete 360-degree cycle.
When you’re cycling, cadence is typically referred to in RPM. Throughout your workout, you’ll likely hear instructors call out specific cadence or cadence ranges for you to target to either push or pull back your pace.
Your cadence can help with your performance, recovery, and beyond. On the bike, knowledge is power. When you know your cadence, it helps you to be in control of your ride, making better progress towards your goals.
A cadence monitor is a great way to track your cadence in real time. While many indoor cycle bikes may have a cadence monitor, they don’t all give you the option to Bluetooth connect to fitness apps to keep track of your stats, workouts, and progress over time.
The Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence + Speed Sensor will allow you to not only track your cadence but connect your bike with the SunnyFit® app and other fitness apps of choice to give your workout experience a tech boost.
Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence + Speed Sensor
Get everything you need to accurately measure and track your cycling metrics with the Sunny Health & Fitness 2-in-1 Cadence + Speed Sensor. Bluetooth and ANT+ technology allows you to connect seamlessly with any mobile device.
Use the sensor to track your Cadence (RPM) for indoor cycling as well as speed on the outdoor road. Sync with the SunnyFit® app for the best cycling experience.
- 2-in-1 Sensor: Cadence & Speed Tracking
- Bluetooth & ANT+ Compatible
- Real-time data tracking
- Pairs with most major apps including SunnyFit® App
- Lightweight & compact
- Easy assembly/removal
- 100% wireless
- Indoor to Outdoor use
- What’s included: 1 sensor, 2 rubber mats, 2 rubber bands
How to Install Your Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence + Speed Sensor
Installation is simple, easy, and straightforward so you can stay focused on your sprints and climbs.
Follow the steps below to install your Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence + Speed sensor on your bike:
- Remove the insulating sheet before use.
- Twist the battery cover with a coin counterclockwise to open. Remove the battery cover and the battery.
- Remove the insulating sheet and reinsert the battery.
- Put the battery cover back on and twist clockwise, using a coin to close the cover. The blue light on the front of the device should now be on.
- Buckle the flat Rubber Mat onto the back on the Speed Cadence Sensor. Then, secure the Speed Cadence Sensor with the Small Band onto the Pedal Crank.
- You’re ready to connect your sensor to your app of choice.
How to Use Your Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence + Speed Sensor with the SunnyFit® App
Sync with the Sunny Fit app for your best cycling experience or connect to your app of choice*.
To connect your Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence + Speed sensor with the SunnyFit® App follow the steps below to connect your Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence + Speed sensor to the:
- Download the SunnyFit® app to the App Store.
- Rotate the pedal crank and search for the Speed Cadence Sensor using ANT+ or Bluetooth device.
- Open the ‘Sport’ page of the SunnyFit® app and click the ‘Refresh’ button to connect the Speed Cadence Sensor with the SunnyFit® app.
- After clicking the ‘Refresh’ button, you should see a SCAN dialog box as shown below. Then select the Speed Cadence Sensor Sunnykit1.0.
- Tap the ‘Choose Your Bike’ button and choose the equipment accordingly. Then tap the ‘Select’ button to confirm.
- Note if select ‘OUTDOOR BIKE’, the Speed Cadence Sensor would change to Speed Mode. Please remove the Speed Cadence Sensor from the pedal crank. Buckle the Curved Rubber Mat onto the back of the Speed Cadence Sensor and secure the Speed Cadence with Large Band onto the flywheel axle.
- Tap the ‘Done’ button to finalize the connection.
*Pairs with most major fitness apps that accept cadence and/or speed.
Cadence is a powerful metric to take your at-home cycling workouts to the next level. You don’t have to spend thousands to get a smart workout set up at home. All you need is the Sunny 2-in-1 Cadence & Speed sensor.