If you’ve recently ordered Sunny equipment: congrats, you’ve just made one of the best decisions for your physical and mental health. But there are a few things you can do to prepare to make the delivery day even easier, plus a few accessories you may want to add on to make your home workout experience above and beyond.
Here’s how to get the most out of your Sunny Health & Fitness equipment from the minute it leaves the truck and enters your home!
1. Determine Your Workout Space
Choosing where you’d like to put your new equipment is one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make along the way. I’d recommend deciding on a home for your fitness equipment before it even arrives at your door.
Keep in mind that although many of our bigger items like bikes, treadmills, rowers, and ellipticals are built with transportation wheels, they can be challenging to carry up or downstairs after they’re built, especially if you’re living on your own.
Looking for some home gym inspiration? Be sure to check out these inspirational bike ideas from other Sunny customers. Some Sunny customers prefer their living rooms, bedrooms, or even a dedicated home gym, but the best space is the one that works for you!
2. Protect Your Flooring with a Mat
Protect your equipment and flooring with an equipment mat. A mat will help minimize any damages that could be made to wood or carpeted flooring with regular use of your fitness equipment and catch any sweat accumulated throughout your workout to make it easy to wipe up later.
3. Prepare for Assembly Time
Depending on which Sunny equipment you’ve decided to purchase, assembly time for some products may be longer than others. In general, most Sunny products take anywhere from 30-50 minutes for complete assembly.
As I previously recommended, plan to assemble your new Sunny equipment in your dedicated home gym space. That way, your setup process is easy breezy, and you don’t have to deal with moving it around later.
4. Try Some Accessories
Accessories don’t just make an outfit better; they can also make or break your workout space. The best thing about workout accessories is they’re a relatively small investment for the continual value and comfort they provide to your workout space.
- Mini Fan: Try a mini fan to clip onto any cardio equipment and add a nice airflow to your workout space.
- Seat Cover: A gel seat cover or padded shorts are always a nice option if you’re working with equipment that has a seat like a bike.
- Dumbbells: A light pair of dumbbells is a great companion for circuit or HIIT style strength workouts and adds some resistance training to your cardio routine. Free weights like dumbbells are awesome because they’re perfect for functional training, training to help you move better throughout the day and throughout your workout sessions.
- Shoes: Whatever type of workout you have planned, make sure you’re in the right shoes for your sport. Sport-specific shoes like running shoes or cycling shoes are built with technology to help you move appropriately and safely.
5. Find Workouts to Use with Your New Fitness Equipment
Finally, find some workouts to help you bring your best and stay motivated throughout your fitness journey! If you’re not sure where to start, check out our full library of free workouts designed to help kickstart your at home workout experience, and be with you every step of the way.
Now you’re ready for your first workout in your home gym. Lace up your shoes, and let’s move!